Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC), a nonprofit agency has been providing youth services in Southeast Los Angeles County since 1971 with a primary purpose of providing therapeutic counseling and assistance to at-risk, low income children, youth and their families.
The mission of Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC) is to help build individual, family, and community health, well-being, prosperity, and equity. HYC serves clients and community members with trauma-informed, strength-based prevention, early intervention, education, and treatment services.
HYC has an immediate opening for a full-time Clinical Supervisor who will be responsible for the growth and development of Clinicians, Counselors, and Interns and will be responsible for implementing clinical best practices for optimal quality of care to our clients.
· Provides direct supervision to assigned staff. Contributes to personnel functions including interviewing, hiring, training, retention and discipline of staff.
· Responsible for regular scheduled weekly individual and group supervision, clinical team meetings and treatment reviews.
· Participates in weekly supervision and consults weekly with the Director.
· Responsible for timely review of supervisee EHRS notes and documentation.
· Provides 24/7 assistance to assigned supervisees and agency for clinical issues and crisis that may arise.
· Ensures compliance with clinical and case management policies and procedures.
· Provide consultation, training, and support to all counseling staff.
· Develop and implement in-service training for clinical programs and services.
· Review clinical documentation (progress notes, treatment plans, Up Front Assessments, etc.)
· Develop policies and procedures to ensure quality client services and care.
· May participate in grant development.
· Provide clinical supervision at multiple sites.
· Attend assigned meetings and perform other related duties as assigned.
· Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or related mental health/human services field required.
· Active license with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) Licensed in California as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or PhD/PsyD and an eligible clinical supervisor for registered Associate Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapist Associates required.
· Certified in LAC-DMH approved Evidence Based Practices (EBP) and experience supervising clinicians trained in EBP.
· Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience plus a minimum of two (2) years’ successful related experience in a supervisory role.
· Knowledge and experience in individual, group and family therapy methods.
· Verification of 6 hours of Clinical Supervision training CEUs
· Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test.
· Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule and on weekends.
· Valid California state driver’s license.
· Current auto insurance, and a good driving record.
· CAMFT/AAMFT Approved Supervisor status.
· Cultural diversity and multi-lingual skills (Spanish-speaking preferred but not required).
I have reviewed and understand the above Job Description. I understand that the agency reserves the right to change this Job Description at any time based on business needs. I certify that I am able to perform all of the “Essential Requirements” of the job outlined herein, with or without an accommodation, except as noted here: (If none, so state): I understand that this Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract for employment and that my employment relationship with the company is “at will,” at all times during my employment.