Part Time 20 hours per week
Summary: The Community Services Counselor will provide educational workshops on multiple topics, such as making healthy and positive choices, bulling, prevention, parenting and self-esteem building, and anger management to educators, agency/community-partners and youth prevention workshops. The Community Services Counselor will be responsible for the recruitment of youth participation, schools and community-partners to conduct workshops throughout the year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Services Supervisor, the Community Services Counselor will:
· Provide on-campus groups for identified youth in area schools.
· Provide educational workshops to families, parents and youth within the assigned communities.
· Conduct outreach efforts to ensure the community served is provided with information about available Community Services programming. Outreach include, but are not limited to, mailers/flyers distributed at community events, schools, community centers, places of worship, and social service efforts. Events may include evenings and weekends.
· Will be the central point of contact for the agency regarding programs services, referrals, billing, events, etc. to the community.
· Provide accurate and timely documentation within 72 hours. In addition, maintain accurate and timely documentation of all job related activities.
· Great work ethic demonstrated by reliability, punctuality, professionalism, diligence, and strong follow-up skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with a proven track record for strategic planning and execution and attention to detail.
· Attend all assigned community meeting to be assigned by Program Services Supervisor. Must represent the agency in a professional manner.
· Ability to succeed independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
· Competency to work with the various ethnic/cultural groups in the target area/community.
· Effective communication verbally, through email, through texts, and phone calls.
· Adhere to and promote HYC’s mission and values. Acts as a role model to others exhibiting high degree of professionalism.
· Must be willing to travel.
· Conducts case file audits to assure participants records are complete and accurate.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Must possess a Bachelors Degree
· Candidate must possess 2 years of experience working with youth in classroom environment.
· Must have access to reliable transportation.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends.
· U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident status.
· Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
· Valid California driver’s license, current auto insurance, and a good driving record