POSITION TITLE: In-Home Outreach Clinician, Family Preservation Program
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Family Preservation Program Manager, the In Home Outreach Clinician will:
· Facilitate a case-management system and evaluation of service needs for families referred to the Family Preservation Program by the Department of Children and Family Services.
· Provide weekly in-home counseling services to families in the Family Preservation Program.
· Arrange and attend the Multidisciplinary Case Planning Committee Meeting for each family in treatment.
· Provide parenting skills training.
· Provide appropriate resources/referrals to families to assist with court mandates and/or assist with each family’s needs, as well as follow-up on progress.
· Collaborate with the Department of Children and Family Services Children’s Social Worker to assist in accomplishing case plan goals and outcomes for Family Preservation families.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all job related activities.
· Attend assigned meetings and training's.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master's Degree in social work, counseling, or related field.
· Current license (or in the process of obtaining licensure) from the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an Associate Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Clinical Counselor.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings and work with cases between the Santa Fe Springs and Belvedere region in and around Service Area 7, as needed.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Permanent U.S. residency or citizenship.
· Valid California Driver’s license, current auto insurance, and good driving record.
· Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
· Three years’ experience in conducting groups and individual counseling with children and families.
· Experience in working in a community based organization.
· Knowledge of Southeast Los Angeles County.
· Trained in facilitating parenting skills groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.