(Temporary position while Employees are out on FMLA leaves)
Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC), a nonprofit agency has been providing youth services in Southeast Los Angeles County since 1971 with a primary purpose of providing therapeutic counseling and assistance to at-risk, low income children, youth and their families.
The mission of Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC) is to help build individual, family, and community health, well-being, prosperity, and equity. HYC serves clients and community members with trauma-informed, strength-based prevention, early intervention, education, and treatment services.
HYC has an immediate opening for a Full-time and Part-time Clinical Supervisor who will be responsible for the growth and development of Clinicians, Counselors, and Interns and will be responsible for implementing clinical best practices for optimal quality of care to our clients.
1. Provide clinical supervision to all counseling staff/interns and their programs.
2. Provide weekly group and individual clinical supervision to pre-licensed Masters level staff who are working towards licensure.
3. Provide weekly clinical group supervision to paraprofessional counseling staff.
4. Provide consultation, training, and support to all counseling staff.
5. Develop and implement in-service training for clinical programs and services.
6. Review clinical documentation (progress notes, treatment plans, Up Front Assessments, etc.)
7. Responsible for the verification of diagnosis from Axis V.
8. Develop policies and procedures to ensure quality client services and care.
9. May participate in grant development.
10. Provide clinical supervision at multiple sites.
11. Attend assigned meetings and perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Valid California License in Psychology, or LCSW, LMFT, LPCC.
2. Minimum of 2-4 years post licensed clinical supervision or program management experience.
3. Verification of 6 hours of Clinical Supervision training CEUs
4. Minimum 5 years direct practice experience.
5. Experience in program administration, training direction, and working with a
community based organization.
6. Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test.
5. Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
6. Willingness to work a flexible schedule and on weekends.
7. Valid California state driver’s license.
8. Current auto insurance, and a good driving record.
9. Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
10. Excellent administrative and verbal skills.
1. CAMFT/AAMFT Approved Supervisor status.
2. Cultural diversity and multi-lingual skills (Spanish-speaking preferred but not required).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions