DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the CARE Counselor Level 1 will:
· Provide comprehensive assessments, treatment planning, and case management services to clients referred to the program by Department of Children and Family Services and other external sources.
· Provide direct counseling services to individuals, groups and families.
· Provide counseling sessions in the field (client’s home, school, etc.) and in multiple HYC office settings.
· Be able to assess and respond to client safety issues and facilitate crisis intervention when appropriate.
· Facilitate parenting groups and child focused groups according to the Nurturing Parenting curriculum.
· Provide resource and referral information for clients and families.
· Complete service and coordination plans, progress notes, and other required documentation according to agency standards.
· Attend assigned meetings and other related duties.
· Other related duties as assigned.
This position is required to learn and comply with Agency policies, procedures and ethical standards, HIPAA laws and guidelines, and the Professional Code of Ethics of the BBSE of the State of California.
· Master’s Degree in social work or counseling.
· Current associate registration with Board of Behavioral Sciences.
· One-year work experience in conducting group and individual counseling with children and families.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
· Citizenship or permanent resident status.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish.
· Experience working in a community based agency.
· Experience facilitating parenting group.
· Nurturing Parenting certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.