POSITION TITLE: Homeless Program Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HYC is part of the Gateway connection CES/Leadership team for SPA 7, and the Homeless Program Supervisor is responsible for overseeing our homeless coordination, outreach, case management, housing navigation and supportive services along with being a strategic partner to PATH, the driving agency for homeless activities. The Homeless Program Supervisor will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the homeless programs that include Street Outreach, Housing Navigation, Rapid Rehousing and DHS Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) to ensure a high standard of program effectiveness and also ensures maximization contract and resources. The Homeless Program Supervisor will also be responsible for all program and contract-related reporting and tracking mechanisms that are required through different funding sources. The incumbent will be a catalyst to execute the vision to break the cycle of homelessness through staff by moving clients from the street to interim housing, accessing necessary services, and rapidly obtaining permanent housing and linking them to mental health services and other supportive services. In addition, the Homeless Program Supervisor will be charged with the responsibility to provide leadership, guidance and supervision of all Homeless Program staff, as well as coordination with local cities, law enforcement, elected officials, and community members in HYC’s service area.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Community Services, the Homeless Program Supervisor will be responsible for:
· Works closely with the Director of Community Services and keeps them abreast of action items, outcomes, problems and program services effectiveness.
· Provides oversight and supervision of staff and ensures effective case management and outreach services to clients with the ultimate goal for permanent housing.
· Ensures there is follow up activity with clients for housing services on a regular basis.
· Partner with Director of Community Services for organizational development which includes, but is not limited to performance management, staff development, training, and conflict resolution.
· Responsible for assigned billing and reconciling any issues or concerns, including attendance at Finance meetings and assistance with monthly billing forecast and strategy.
· Responsible for monthly reporting, including, but not limited to tracking logs, billing reports, demographic reports, monthly narratives, and annual reports.
· Assist Director of Community Services with scheduling meetings and developing agendas for staff meetings.
· As a strategic business partner to PATH (People Assisting the Homeless), the Homeless Program Supervisor will be charged with the responsibility to maintain a solid relationship with PATH, the other lead agencies of the Gateway Connections Project, and the communities of LCA 1 through regional coordination activities, representation at public meetings including monthly SPA 7 Partner meetings, monthly SPA 7 Homeless Coalition meetings, Gateway COG and Coordinated Entry System required meetings, and ad-hoc leadership meetings.
· Serves as primary community liaison for the Homeless Program.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a human service field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
· Minimum of 2 years in a management role.
· Working knowledge of Clarity and other Homeless Outreach databases.
· Strong working experience with Excel and formulas in order to design and generate ad-hoc reporting for the Director of Community Services and mandated reports by contracts.
· Strong understanding of program budgets and knowledge of maximizing contracts.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, while exercising sound judgment.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
· Experience in networking with community agencies that provide community services to the community.
· Valid Class C driver’s license. Current auto insurance coverage and good driving record.
· Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.