DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Family Services, the Counselor will:
1. Provide case management services for identified CalWorks recipients who are domestic violence victims; services
to include: assessments, service plan development and revisions, client advocacy, and follow-up services.
2. Provide counseling services which may include individual, group and family counseling services to children,
adolescents and parents.
3. Provide parenting skills training.
4. Provide transitional support services which may include: referral, coordination and follow-up care for shelter, food
5. Participate in case management meetings regarding assignments, progress and evaluation of families served.
6. Provide monthly outreach services and other program required events.
7. Provide appropriate referrals for family service needs.
8. Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all job related activities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in social work or counseling/ Registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
2. Bilingual Spanish is desired, but not required.
3. Experience working with victims of domestic violence and their children.
4. One year full time work experience in conducting group and individual counseling with children and families.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
6. Ability to provide or obtain 40- Hour Domestic violence training certificate;
7. Ability to provide service at multiple sites with in supervised district.
8. Citizenship or permanent resident status.
9. Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
10. Valid California driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
1. Two years full time work experience in conducting groups and individual counseling with children and families.
2. Experience in working in a community based organization.
3. Trained in facilitating parenting skills groups.