FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Child Family Specialist will be responsible for working directly with children and the families to achieve permanency.
1. Work with at risk youth at home and the community to provide services to assist the child and family to improve daily functioning;
2. Work closely with the Facilitator to provide advocacy and support to the individual family members and the family as a whole;
3. Assist in monitoring and ensuring effective linkages/resources with community and agency providers;
4. Assist with assessing and implementing a Plan of Care for child/youth and families;
5. Provide direct services to the youth and family as identified in the Plan of Care;
6. Participate in Child and Family Team meetings and other agency meetings as required;
7. Assist in providing crisis management to youth as needed;
8. Complete all necessary documentation according to standard guidelines;
9. Participate in professional training development and activities;
10. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
1. Bachelor’s degree desired in related field with one year of related experience or;
2. Minimum of three years’ experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse communities, high-risk youth and their families, and low-income populations;
3. Required: Traveling throughout the community;
4. Bilingual English and Spanish
5. Previous Wraparound experience preferred
6. Able to work a flexible schedule
7. Must have strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
8. Must possess valid California Driver’s license and proof of insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.