Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC), a nonprofit agency located in Norwalk, has been providing youth services in Southeast Los Angeles County since 1971 with a primary purpose of providing therapeutic counseling and assistance to at-risk, low income children, youth and their families.
HYC has an immediate opening for a full-time (40 hour) Mental Health Clinician who will provide individual and/or family therapy to clients and/or families. The DMH Clinician will also provide clinical assessments, field-based and outreach services to clients and their families; case management and advocacy services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent individualized intakes / assessments gathering information from family, consumer, significant other and involved agencies in the office or in the field as appropriate.
• Completes Service and Coordination Plans, progress notes, and other DMH required documentation within 24 hours of service delivery and meets the standards of the Department of Mental Health Short/Doyle Medi-Cal.
• Administers outcome measures to clients who have been identified to receive treatment.
• Provides rehabilitative services to clients and/or their families which might include assistance in restoring or maintaining a client’s functional skills, daily living skills, social skills, and linking up to needed community services and support resources.
• Provides individual therapeutic services utilizing the following Evidence Based Practices (EBPs)- MAP, Seeking Safety, IPT, Triple P, IND CBT or TFCBT.
• Works with the treatment team to provide appropriate coordinated care services to clients and their families.
• Provides coverage to on-call phone on a rotating basis.
• Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
• BBS Registered
• Spanish (Preferred but not required)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff
• Familiar with Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, able to compose and type up correspondence/notes using correct format and grammar
• Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinic’s liability policy
• Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test and two sets of fingerprints
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities
***Must be able to complete MAP certification within one year of hire (training will be provided by the agency). ***
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.