FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Wraparound Manager and Outpatient Manager, the Clinician will be responsible for providing individual, and/ or family therapy to clients and/ or families. The Clinician will also be responsible for the coordination of services and planning for youth who are referred through social service, probation or mental health departments, and are tin the process of stepping down from the institution into family or family-like settings. The clinical work will be in the community, family homes, foster homes, and schools. The primary role is to ensure that all parties are working together toward stability for the youth and the families.
This will be a dual role where the clinician will have a case load with both Wraparound and Outpatient programs as the need requires.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conducts family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent individualized intakes / assessments gathering information from family, consumer, significant other and involved agencies in the office or in the field as appropriate.
· Includes healthcare, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, employment or housing, as appropriate, in treatment plans.
· Completes Service and Coordination Plans, progress notes, and other DMH required documentation within two to three business days of service delivery and meets the standards of the Department of Mental Health Short/Doyle Medi-Cal.
· Administers outcome measures to clients who have been identified to receive treatment.
· Provides rehabilitative services to clients and/or their families which might include assistance in restoring or maintaining a client’s functional skills, daily living skills, social skills, and linking up to needed community services and support resources.
· Provides outreach, advocacy, and rehabilitative services needed for ongoing cases and in crisis intervention.
· Provides case management, which might include obtaining client information, identifying needs and problems, linking clients and their families to appropriate resources.
· Provides services in the community or in the field consistent with program and funding source contractual requirements.
· Works with the treatment team to provide appropriate coordinated care services to clients and their families.
· Displays sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic needs of the clients and families served.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Registered, licensed-eligible MFT-Intern, ASW or MSW
· Spanish speaking is a requirement.
· Must have required Wraparound trainings and certifications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff.
· Familiar with Windows operating system, MS WORDS, EXCEL, email, etc. able to compose correspondence/notes and type up correspondence/notes using correct format and grammar.
· Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy.
· Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test, and two sets of fingerprints.
· Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
· Excellent administrative and verbal skills
· Must be flexible to work some evenings as well as occasional weekend hours as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.