FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Treatment and Prevention, the Manager of Outpatient Treatment Services will be responsible for the oversight of all outpatient treatment services, which is an outpatient drug and alcohol intervention, treatment and recovery service program. Working in collaboration with the Director of Treatment and Prevention, the Program Manager will also be charged with the responsibility for program development and ensuring HYC’s compliance with Title 22 (Drug Medi-Cal) contractual matters. Program Manager will provide overall program supervision of all program staff.
The Program manger works effectively with co-workers, clients and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier; respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds. Work requires being an active part of a team. As an important member of management, the Manager of Outpatient Treatment Services will serve as an ambassador and must establish strong ties with the community leaders and community organizations.
The Manager of Outpatient Treatment Services will be under the direction of the Director of Prevention and Treatment Services. The Manager will:
· Be responsible for management of substance abuse treatment services at all HYC locations, which may also include management of services provided at various sites within the community.
· Work closely with direct services staff to maximize productivity and help staff maintain timely documentation.
· Work closely with program coordinator in the monitoring of referrals, caseload, billing, and other program related duties.
· Assist the Director of Prevention and Treatment Services in planning, implementation and evaluation and expansion efforts of the current substance abuse program.
· Assist the Director of Prevention and Treatment Services in recruiting and interviewing interns/staff.
· Attending and supporting all County Department and substance abuse program related external meetings (such as Youth Systems of Care Provider meetings, SAPC Prevention meetings, LACES, SAPC workgroups, etc.)
· Responsible for the overall management of contracts, certifications, and relationships with all funding sources including the Department of Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention and Control, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Department of
Probation, TDT community partners, DCFS, all local school district partners, and other county department and community-based partners.
· Provide oversight of all outreach efforts to promote all programs within the department to generate more program referrals.
· Will be the central point of contact for the agency regarding programs services to the community.
· Monitor the fulfillment of the contracts and be responsible for overall auditing of contracts, including accurate documentation of all service activities, preparation of periodic contract reports, and compliance with all contract requirements in accordance with Federal, State, County, City and agency guidelines.
· Facilitate and/or participate in all required program meetings including any scheduled district meetings, and ensuring the continuity of those meetings. Represent the Agency in the community through participation in interagency coalitions to address critical issues related to all department programming.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in in a human services field (human services, child development, psychology, sociology, etc.)
· Drug and Alcohol Certification through a state recognized institution or Current licensure or intern registration with Board of Behavioral Sciences.
· Two year of management or supervisory experience.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Superb planning and organizational skills with a proven track record for strategic planning and execution.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of the dynamics of drug and alcohol related problems.
· Experience with Drug Medi-Cal services and requirements.
· Must have familiarity with County of Los Angeles Departments, including DPH SAPC, and Department of Probation.
· Ability to effectively communicate in written form as well as verbally.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
· Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
· Ability to provide case review with staff.
· Experience in networking with schools, municipalities and community agencies in providing youth services programs.
· Project Management experience is highly desired.
· Experience in working with a community based organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTH