Helpline Youth Counseling (HYC), a nonprofit agency has been providing youth services in Southeast Los Angeles County since 1971 with a primary purpose of providing therapeutic counseling and assistance to at-risk, low income children, youth and their families.
The mission of HYC is to serve youth and their families by promoting the development of strong individuals and families in their community. This is accomplished through education, therapeutic approaches, advocacy, and the utilization of community resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Treatment and Prevention the Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention Manager will be responsible for the growth and development of staff and will be responsible for implementing best practices for optimal quality of services to the community.
The Program manger works effectively with co-workers, clients and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier; respecting the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds. Work requires being an active part of a team. As an important member of management, the AODPS Prevention Manager will serve as an ambassador and must establish strong ties with the community leaders and community organizations.
The Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention Manager will be under the direction of the Director of Prevention and Treatment Services. The Manager will:
· Be responsible for the overall operation of AOD program including the supervision of staff, monitoring of services, contract compliance and evaluation.
· Be responsible for management of community based services at all HYC locations, which also includes management of services provided at various sites within the community.
· Monitor the fulfillment of the contract, including accurate documentation of all service activities, preparation and submission of contract reports, monitor outcome performance and compliance with all contract requirements in accordance with Federal, State, County, City and agency Quality Assurance guidelines.
· Be the central point of contact for the County regarding the program and its services to the community.
· Actively involved in service city and must be willing and able to provide support and technical assistance for all community partners.
· Assist in providing comprehensive community assessments to youth, young adults, and other community members in SPA-7.
· Work with local off-sale liquor retailers and other community members to raise awareness and decrease youth access to alcohol and other drugs, including prescription drugs.
· Lead local youth community coalition and participate in Service Planning Area 7 coalition as well as Countywide coalitions.
· Provide school-based and community-based substance abuse prevention services/activities based on evidence-based curriculum to youth and young adults.
· Develop, organize, and collaborate to coordinate substance prevention activities and events.
· Collaborate with Clinical Quality Assurance to ensure proper staff orientation, training, documentation, and audit preparedness for all clinical and mental health contracts
· In coordination with finance department, provide budgetary oversight of program administration and ensure program revenue and expenses are within the adopted annual budget.
· Attending and supporting all County Department and community services program related external meetings.
· Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
· Represent the Agency in the Community by participating in collaborative, interagency coalitions and community organizations to address critical issues related to promoting safe and stable families in Southeast Los Angeles County.
· Attend assigned meetings and perform other related duties as assigned.
· Prevention Manager shall have, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field or relevant work experience in the field of prevention.
· Prevention Manager shall have at least three (3) years of demonstrated previous experience within the last five (5) years working in the field of substance abuse prevention.
· Prevention Manager shall be able to effectively communicate, in English, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including most evenings and weekends.
· Strong relationship-building and organizational skills.
· Superb planning and organizational skills with a proven track record for strategic planning and execution.
· U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident status.
· Valid Class C drivers license. Current auto insurance coverage and good driving record.
· Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
· Experience working with a community based organization.
· Experience working with youth and substance abuse prevention programs.
· Experience working with the community-based organizing model.
· Experience/Expertise in Social Media, YouTube, Media Development, and Audio and Visual equipment.
HELPLINE YOUTH COUNSELING, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ADHERES TO HIRING PRACTICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.